Yard Waste Drop-off
Our Duncansville facility is located on 16906 Dunnings Highway/Old 220 just south of Inlows. Our facility is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and our material is tested regularly by the Pennsylvania State University to assure that no hazardous constituents are in our finished mulch or compost. The facility was opened in 2006 by the Blair County Department of Solid Waste and Recycling in partnership with the Blair County Conservation District. The IRC continues to operate the facility in partnership with the Blair County Conservation District.
Our Duncansville will be open every Tuesday yearround from Noon - 5:00 p.m. thanks to support from Duncansville Borough. Due to staffing constraints, mulch and compost sales do not begin until 2:30 p.m. It is a self serve drop-off. Yard waste may be dropped off at the following fee schedule:
Grass, leaves, and other soft waste may be dropped off at the following fee schedule:
- 3 bags or less - free
- Cars, Small pickup, Vans, SUVS or trailer - $4 per load
- Standard pickup or trailer - $6 per load
- Grass Passes are available for residents for residents, see staff for more details.
Brush and woody waste may be dropped off at the following fee schedule, :
- Small pickup or trailer - $6 per load
- Standard pickup or trailer - $8 per load
Residents may purchase bags of screened compost or mulch anytime during regular business hours and truck load quantities between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. We apologize for the limited hours on finished material purchases, but we are unable to staff a loader at the facility for the entire day. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment for loading and for information on bulk quantity pricing. Six percent sales tax is included in price.
- Compost bags (1.5 cubic feet) - $6/bag
- Mulch bags (2 cubic feet) - $3/bag
- Screened Compost - $20 per one yard scoop
- Screened Mulch - $20 per one yard scoop
- Unscreened Mulch - $18 per one yard scoop
- Wood Chips - $12 per one yard scoop
- Top Soil - $30 per one yard scoop
Compost is a great soil amendment for lawns. gardens, and flower beds. It helps to improve water holding capacity and provides nutirients. Compost can be applied as a top dressing to lawns or flower beds and/or can be mixed with top soil to improve your soil quality.
The following items may be recycled in the Green Bins at our Duncansville Facility. The recycling is a self serve drop-off and residents should be able to unload their recyclables. You can click on the links below to see the materials accepted at the IRC Duncansville Recycling and Compost Facility: