What materials are required to be recycled?
- Residential & Multifamily Recycling
- Business & Institutional Recycling
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
Visit our curbside recycling web page for more on the recyclable materials included in our program.
- Other Mixed Paper
- Plastic Bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans
Special Drop-Off Recycling
Beyond traditional curbside recycling opportunities, many special materials can also be dropped off at recycling facilities. Here are some of the most commonly generated materials. Special note: there are currently no local outlets for mixed rigid plastics, #3-7 bottles or other plastic beyond the bottles collected at the curbside.
- Some special recyclable materials are also accepted at our Buckhorn & Duncansville facilities. Visit those pages for a complete list.
- Plastic bags and film - Most supermarkets and several other retailers provide plastic bag recycling. Scrap metal - Two scrap yards provide metal recycling in Blair County
- Danny's Metals - 1917-9th Avenue, Altoona - 943-4773
- Caracciolo Steel and Metal Yard - East Sixth Avenue Road, Altoona - 944-4051