To help reduce the amount of hazardous waste in our homes, waste stream, and our water supply, the IRC
will hold our annual Blair County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event on Friday, July 23rd, from
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Saturday, July 24th, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Jaffa Shrine.
PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE FROM PRIOR YEARS!
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Please follow this link for more information, there is no charge to register: 2021 HHW Collection Event
(tickets are not required to enter the event, so please save a tree and don't worry about printing them!)
There will be a base charge of $15.00 per car trunk-load with an additional charge of $0.50/lb. for all paints, payable at the event via cash or check only.
ONLY the following items will be accepted:
• Fluorescent bulbs and tubes
• Mercury containing items (such as smoke detectors/thermostats)
• Lead acid batteries
• Automotive fluids (used motor oil, antifreeze, oil filters & etc.)
• Pesticides and fertilizers
• Flammables and corrosives (such as paint thinner and drain cleaner)
• Spray Paint and other aerosol cans
• Latex and oil-based paints *All paints have a $0.50/lb. charge
NO MEDICATION, ALKALINE BATTERIES, ELECTRONICS, OR TIRES ACCEPTED.
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
• Stay in your vehicle at all times
• Wear a facemask when speaking with staff
• Place materials to be recycled in trunk or truck bed to provide adequate social distancing