Earth Day turned 40 on April 22, 2010 and we hope you'll pledge to do something to celebrate. Visit one of these links to see what you can do to make a difference.
- Save the Bay - The Chesapeake Bay Foundation has a great fact sheet on things you can do at home to improve the water quality of the nation's most important estuary.
- Recycle More - Visit the IRC's residential recycling guide or our web page for commercial and institutional recycling.
- Report Illegal Dumping or Littering - Pennsylvania's anti-dumping organization, PA CleanWays, offers a guide to reporting illegal dumping and littering.
- Plant a Tree - Arbor Day is April 30th. Celebrate the day by planting a tree or shrub in your yard. Beautify your property while purifying the air and absorbing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Walk or Ride a Bike - Try walking or riding your bike for at least one of your trips on Earth Day. Reducing your auto use by just five miles a day saves nearly $250 a year while improving air quality and reducing congestion.
- Evaluate Your Own Footprint - Several popular environmental footprint calculators provide insight into your own impact on the planet.