The IRC is partnering with Blair County Department of Solid Waste & Recycling, Blair County Conservation District, Concord Plastics of PA, and PA Cleanways of Blair County to host drop-off for area residents.
The Blair County Department of Recycling and Solid Waste will be sponsoring an electronics recycling event on May 12, 2012 at the Tyrone Area High School. Check out the details below.
Presecription drugs and antibiotics can cause several serious environmental problems and should never be put down the drain or in the trash. The trafficing and improper use of narcotics is also a source of criminal activity. With this in mind, three Blair County police departments now accept prescription drugs throughout the week. Hours vary, so please check the schedules below.
- Greater Altoona Area - Altoona Police Department, 1106 - 16th Street, 814-949-2489, All day everyday
- Southern Blair County - Hollidaysburg Police Department, 401 Blair Street, 814-695-3711, Weekdays from 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Northern Blair County - Tyrone Police Department, 1100 Logan Avenue, 814-684-1364, Weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
A used tire collection will be held on Saturday, October 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Blair County Ballpark just off I-99 in Lakemont. The IRC is again partnering with the Blair County Conservation District, PA CleanWays of Blair County and the Blair County Department of Solid Waste and Recycling to offer this special collection. Regular passenger car tires are $2.00. Additional charges will be levied on larger tires and those still on the rims.
- Regular passenger car tires - $2.00
- Car tires on the rim - $3.00
- Truck/SUV tires over 14 inches - $12.00
- Truck/SUV tires over 14 inches on the rim - $14.00
- Farm tractor tires (off rim only) - $20.00
The event was a huge success last year, as we collected more than a 1,000 tires, filling a 53' trailer from tire recycling Mahatango Tire Recycling of Liverpool, PA. We hope you'll take advantage of the collection again this year.