Prescription drugs and antibiotics can cause several serious environmental problems and should never be put down the drain or in the trash. The trafficking and improper use of narcotics is also a source of criminal activity. With this in mind, five locations in Blair County now accept prescription drugs throughout the week. Hours vary, so please check the schedules below.
- Greater Altoona Area -
- Altoona Police Department, 1106 - 16th Street, 814-949-2489, All day everyday
- Walgreen's Drugstore, 508 East Plank Road, Altoona, PA, 814-944-3236, During regular business hours
- Southern Blair County -
- Hollidaysburg Police Department, 401 Blair Street, 814-695-3711, Weekdays from 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Pennsylvania State Police Hollidaysburg Barracks, 1510 North Juniata Street, Hollidaysburg, PA, All day everyday
- Northern Blair County - Tyrone Police Department, 1100 Logan Avenue, 814-684-1364, Weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.