The Borough of Tyrone offers curbside collection of leaves for residents throughout most of October and November every year. Residents will be able to bag their leaves and yard trimmings for collection. Residents can always take these materials to the either the Buckhorn Recycling & Compost Facility or the Duncansville Recycling & Compost Facility.
Spring and Summer: Drop-off available at the Borough Highway Yard Monday - Friday 7 am - 2:30 pm and the 1st & 3rd Saturday 8 am - noon. April 1 through November 18.
Fall Collection: Monday, October 2 - Monday, December 4
Monday's only: Crews will do a Borough wide collection every Monday in the fall, except Veteran's Day November 11.
Christmas Tree Recycling
There will be a borough wide curbside collection of live undecorated trees on January 8 and 9 or dropped off at the highway yard at 1500 Lincoln Avenue. Trees can also be dropped off during regular business hours at either the Buckhorn Facility on Black Snake Road or the Duncansville Facility located on Dunnings Highway.
- Paper bags only!
- NO tape! Please do not tape bags shut.
- Simply fold the top of the bag.
- NO trash! Be certain bags do not contain metal, plastic, or other trash.
- Bags should weigh less than 50 lbs.
- Brush should be smaller than 3" in diameter and 6' in length. Brush and small twigs should be bundled with string or twine
Crews willl not collect whole trees, root balls, bags that are tied, or bags that weigh more than 50 lbs.