Drop-off recycling has been restored to nearly every corner of the county thanks to the cooperative efforts of a host of partnering municipalities, private sector recyclers and hauling firms and the IRC Council of Governments (COG). The compost facilities in Buckhorn and Duncansville will be operated by the IRC COG and remain open to all county residents.
New Drop-Offs Open!
These drop-off options are available to county residents. For locations, click on our Blair County Drop-Off Recycling Map.
- IRC Facilities
- IRC Buckhorn Compost Facility - 1860 Blacksnake Road, Dysart. For a complete list of materials accepted and/or directions to our facility, please click here
- IRC Duncansville Compost Facility - Dunnings Highway, Duncansville (Just past Inlows when traveling south towards Newry). For a complete list of materials accepted and/or directions to our facility, please click here
- Municipal Membership Facilities
- Martinsburg Area Recycling - Martinsburg Borough and Huston and North Woodbury Townships have sponsored a drop-off facility at 317 South Nicodemus Street for residents and businesses in those municipalities. Membership is required. Call the borough or the township offices for details.
- Taylor/Roaring Spring Recycling - Taylor Townships has partnered with Roaring Spring Borough to sponsor a drop-off facility at the township building. Membership is required. Call the borough or the township offices for details.
- Municipal Drop-Offs
- Williamsburg Borough - 305 East Second Street, Williamsburg (Sponsored by Paul Kane Trash Removal) This site accepts all paper, bottles and cans. The cardboard drop-off is at the Woodbury Township building on Route 866.
- Frankstown Township Municipal Building - Frankstown Road (Sponsored by Ken Wertz Hauling) This drop-off accepts all bottles, cans, paper and cardboard.
- Private Sector Recyclers
- Cove Recycling - 4643 Cove Mountain Road, Roaring Spring, PA on PA Route 164 between Martinsburg and Roaring Spring (though they do not accept plastic, glass or steel cans)
- J & J Recycling - Margaret Avenue and 19th Street, Altoona, PA
- Burgmeier's Recycling - Old Sixth Avenue Road, Altoona, PA
- Waste Management - Old Sixth Avenue Road, Altoona, PA
Expansion of Curbside Recycling
Many haulers offer recycling outside the communities where curbside recycling is required by state law (City of Altoona, Logan Township, Hollidaysburg Borough and Tyrone Borough). A list of hauling companies that recycle beyond the mandatory curbside communities is now available.