Yard Waste Recycling Opportunities Continue
Yard waste collection is still available to residents in the Borough of Hollidaysburg.
Drop-off locations are available to residents at the Blair County Compost Facility, 1014 Blacksnake Road, the Altoona City Highway Yard, 5010 West 6th Avenue, the Tyrone Borough Garage, 1500 Lincoln Avenue.
- Do not burn yard waste. It is illegal to burn leaves in all mandated recycling communities and burning of woody yard waste is not permitted in most recycling municipalities.
- Only compostable materials should be set out for collection or be placed in the paper bags.
- Leaves and grass clippings should be go in the standard 30 gallon kraft paper bag.
- Do not tape the paper bags shut. Simply fold over the top of the bag.
- No plastic bags are ever collected in any of the municipal yard waste collections or at any of the yard waste drop-off sites.