What materials are required to be recycled?
- Residential & Multifamily Recycling
- Business & Institutional Recycling
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
Visit the web page for each of the recyclable materials included in our curbside program.
- Other Mixed Paper
- Plastic Bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans
Special Drop-Off Recycling
Beyond traditional curbside recycling opportunities, many special materials can also be dropped off at recycling facilities. Here are some of the most commonly generated materials.
- Other rigid plastics - The Blair County Department of Solid Waste and Recycling accepts several other plastic beyond the bottles collected at the curbside.
- Plastic bags and film - Most supermarkets and several other retailers provide plastic bag recycling.
- Scrap metal - Three scrap yards provide metal recycling in Blair County
- Danny's Metals - 1917-9th Avenue, Altoona - 943-4773
- Caracciolo Steel and Metal Yard - East Sixth Avenue Road, Altoona - 944-4051
- Joe Krentzman & Sons - 311 Wall Street, Hollidaysburg - 696-0234
Visit the county's list of special recyclable materials for more.